Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme create at The Broke and the Bookish.
Today’s Top Ten Tuesday is:
Top Ten Books I’d Hand Someone Who Doesn’t Like To Read
Well, what a good question! The books I am choosing are my versatile favorites that can be enjoyed by all ages. =) All of these books have classic, easily-involved stories that everyone can love and appreciate!
1. Harry Potter series by J.K. Rowling–I think this is self-explanatory. People I know that do not read all that much have read Harry Potter and liked it. So yes, obvious choice.
2. Tuesday’s With Morrie by Mitch Albom–A non-fiction memoir that everyone can relate to. Life lessons and sweet stories.
3. Where the Red Fern Grows by Wilson Rawls–A story about a boy and two dogs that anyone and everyone will fall in love with.
4. The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins–Excitement, intrigue, fighting, a female lead–it can appeal to everyone!
5. To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee–A classic southern novel. A story about everything lol.
6. True Confessions of Charlotte Doyle by Avi–Although this is a childrens’s novel, there is so much adventure in this novel that gives a reader such a rush!
7. Invisible Man by Ralph Ellison–A long but great read that has historical elements. A good story about pre-Civil Rights America.
8. The Language of Flowers by Vanessa Diffenbaugh–A beautiful piece of contemporary fiction that does not contain anything controversial.
9. A Christmas Carol by Charles Dickens–Such a familiar story that people know and love.
10. A Wrinkle in Time by Madeleine L’Engle–Another children’s classic that can still appeal to all ages.
Well, that’s my list. Does yours look similar? Different? Let me know!
Love and Pawn Stars,