Top Ten Books to Save if My House was Abducted by Aliens (Or any other disaster occurs)!
Hmmm…this would be a toughy, because would I go for favorites or sentimental? Let’s see…(Not in any particular order)
1. My newly signed copy of The Language of Flowers by Vanessa Diffenbaugh: beautiful story, and I just got it signed this weekend, so I’d like to keep it for a bit, thanks. =)
2. My Bible: because though I can buy another one, I have written notes and things in it, and I’d just assume not lose those annotations.
3. My first edition copy of Love in the Ruins by Walker Percy: because it is a first edition copy of one of my favorite books, so yes, I would grab it!
4. My 1935 copy of Sir Thomas More’s Utopia: because I love this work, and I recently acquired this copy over the summer, and it’s pretty.
5. My 1889 two-volume copy of War and peace by Leo Tolstoy: because I have not had the chance to read it yet, and it is over 100 years old, and I would like to save a piece of history.
6. My 1940s reprinted The Bobbsey Twins: because it was given to my grandmother as a child, and she passed down her love of reading to me, and though it is falling apart, and thus I have never read it, I just couldn’t bear to part with it.
7. My copy of Arthur McGill’s Suffering: one of the most influential theology books for me, all annotated up with notes from my Christian Ethics class that I loved so much.
8. The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini: because if the aliens steal all the rest of the books in the world, I still want this story to survive.
9. True Confessions of Charlotte Doyle by Avi: because I’d obviously be on an adventure with the aliens, so I’d need an adventure story.
10. 50th Anniversary Edition of To Kill A Mockingbird: because this story is timeless, and I love this edition.
My list is a little strange, because aside from being a book-lover, I am a book-collector as well, and have gathered quite a view old editions or novels over the last couple of years that I am more emotionally attatched to than just the paperbacks of my favorite novels that I have bought to have at home. So that is why my list is what it is. Do we have some of the same titles? Did you choose favorite stories or your sentimental books? Let me know!
Love and Kingdom Hearts,