Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme create at The Broke and the Bookish.
Today’s Top Ten Tuesday is a Freebie, so I have chosen:
Top Ten Bookeys I am Thankful for!
As this is the month of Thanksgiving, I decided to use this freebie week to thank those bloggers who have made an impact on my blogging experience thus far and for the books that have changed my reading life. So without further ado, a BIG thanks goes out to:
1. Melissa @ Melissa’s Midnight Musings: Melissa was the first blogger I met and talked to about blogging. We kept following each other around groups on goodreads, and we both helped each other start up our blogs at the end of 2011. It was very nice to meet someone who was trying to figure out this world at the very same time, and I am truly thankful for all she has done for me and my blog! (and Melissa, I am sorry for my lack of commenting on your blog recently. I have just realized that your feed no longer shows up in my Google Reader, but never fear–problem solved!)
2. Kimba the Caffeinatted Book Reviewer: Kimba is a blogger that always offers encouragement and support. Plus she runs a fantastic blog full of all sorts of book reviews. Her eclectic tastes help me fill my TBR list, but honestly I really do appreciate all of her encouraging comments. She’s a fun blogger friend to have! Thank you for always encouraging me!
3. The Book Smugglers: This was the first book blog that I started following. I just love their brutal honestly and their taste in their book choices. Their awesome blog was a big inspiration to my starting a blog for myself. So I owe a lot to these two lovely ladies and their book smugglin’ habits!
4. Shout With Emaginette: Anna is my number one commenter! She is the person that comments on almost every single one of my reviews! And I just wanted you to know that I very much appreciate you. Each and every time I get an email notification for a new comment, it just makes my day a little better. So I thank you for all of your support!
5. Book Brats: This is a blog that I defintiely look up to. I love everything about their blog! They are not afraid to speak their mind, and they do it with sass and snark. I just appreciate them so much, and I look forward to reading their reviews every day! Plus, I have them to thank for many of my new favorite books (like Gallagher Girls), so thank you!
And for my books, we have:
Hop on Pop by Dr. Seuss: This was the first book that I ever read to my dad. Only he learned really quickly that I wasn’t actually reading this book. I had memorized it. Because I was reading it upside down. But this was the book that my dad would read to me over and over, and I loved every minute of it.
The True Confessions of Charlotte Doyle by Avi: This was the first book that I remember being completely captivated by the story! My 5th grade teacher read this book out loud to our class, one chapter at a time. And I was always on the edge of my seat, begging her to read more. This book really cemented my love for stories.
Where the Red Fern Grows by Wilson Rawls: When I traveled to Minnesota for spring break my 6th grade year, I didn’t bring enough books with me. So I borrowed this book from my mother’s friend as something to occupy my time. And I just couldn’t put this book down. I think this was the first book where characters became real for me. This was a REAL story full of REAL emotions. This was also the first book that I bawled my eyes out while I was reading.
The Harry Potter Series by J.K. Rowling: I couldn’t forget about these book. This was the first series that I anxiously awaited the next book. This was the first series where I pre-ordered books on my mother’s credit card. This was the first book where I trekked out to Walmart at midnight to procure my copy of a book. This is the series of my childhood.
The Reading Promise by Alice Ozma: I read this book earlier this year, and this memoir has become my reading mantra. I think this is really what solidified my drive to become a children’s librarian. This book, and the reading promise itself, has become so much a part of me and my life and my plans for the future, and I am so very thankful for it!
Well, that is what I am thankful for!
I would love to see what you guys chose as your freebie topic for the week, so leave me a link to your site and I will stop by!
Love and GO VOTE!,