1. Santa Duck and His Merry Helpers by David Milgrim: A cute story about a duck that dresses up like Santa Claus. Who wouldn’t love a Santa Duck?
2. Bah! Humbug? by Lorna and Lecia Balian: The story of a brother and sister and the truth about Santa.
3. Humphrey’s Christmas by Sally Hunter: I couldn’t resist including an elephant Christmas book! This is just a sweet story about all the things Humphrey does during the holidays!
4. Olive the Other Reindeer by J. Otto Seibold: A dog named Olive hears the line “All of the Other Reindeer” and thinks that Santa is calling her to his service! The merry adventures of the 10th reindeer!
5. A Christmas Wish by Marcus Sedgwick: A beautifully illustrated Christmas story about wishing for snow.
6. One Night in a Stable by Guido Visconti: A retelling of the Biblical Christmas story from the animals’ perspectives. Very sweet!
7. The Santa Trap by Jonathan Emmett: The hilarious tale of an evil kid who wants to catch Santa Claus!
8. The Twelve Days of Christmas by Jane Ray: There are so many versions of this book out there, I just wanted to showcase the one with a cute understory to it! Plus, the illustrations are just beautiful!
9. The Twelve Bots of Christmas by Nathan Hale: I end with the most brilliant of them all. If you are a sci-fi geek, then this is definitely the Christmas book for you! Absolutely brilliant! =)
If you have children, these are some great children’s reads for Christmas time! And if you don’t have children, but you love children’s books, then these are some GREAT reads! 😉
Leave me a link to your top ten books of the year and I’ll stop by to look! Hopefully I will find some new books to add to my ever-growing TBR list!
Love and The Hobbit,