1. Khaled Hosseini, author of The Kite Runner and A Thousand Splendid Suns: Okay, seriously guys, he is my FAVORITE AUTHOR EVER! And as soon as I found out that he has a new book coming out in May I jumped and squealed!!! AND HE’S COMING TO MY CITY IN JUNE ON BOOK TOUR OMGSH I AM SO FREAKIN’ EXCITED! *much rejoining*
2. David Levithan, author of Every Day, Boy Meets Boy, and many others: Okay, David Levithan is the author I search for every time I go to the used book store. And if there is by chance a novel on the shelf by him that I do not own, I buy it. No questions asked. I haven’t read them all yet, but I am SUPER PUMPED to read them this year!
3. Dan Wells, author of Partials and I Am Not A Serial Killer, among others: He has become a new favorite author. And I got to meet him last year and he signed many books for me. And Fragments comes out TOMORROW and I am going to buy it. Hints the auto-buy! EEK!
4. Gillian Flynn, author of Sharp Objects, Dark Places, and Gone Girl: She is such a talented writer with a fascination for the strange, bizarre, and creepy. Just my kind of gal! Even though I didn’t love Gone Girl, I will continue to buy her next books until I am no longer impressed.
5. Chelsea Cain, author of the Gretchen Lowell and Archie series: Holy crap! I just love this series so much! I read it in a week, and now I am ready for the next installment! And when Chelsea Cain writes a new series, I am TOTALLY buying it!
6. Dan Brown, author of Angels and Demons, Deception Point, and a few others: Dan Brown has a talent for writing really entertaining and intriguing thrillers, and I love them. And I will be buying his new book in May because, hey! It’s Dan Brown!
I really can’t pen any more names down with certainty, so I will stop now. Who do you auto-buy? Leave a comment and let me know!
P.S. Sorry I have been MIA for a while. I will be mostly back from now on.
Love and Beasts of the Southern Wild,