Good morning (afternoon/evening) People! It’s time for Dewey’s 24-Hour Readathon!
This is the post that I will update throughout the day with my progress and mini-events and the like! So Let’s GO!
HOUR ONE: I slept. I know, I am a reading failure. But I have to work an 8 hour shift and decided a little extra sleep was best for me!
1) What fine part of the world are you reading from today? Birmingham, AL
2) Which book in your stack are you most looking forward to? Inside Out & Back Again by Thanhha Lai. Alabama, represent! =)
3) Which snack are you most looking forward to? I’m a bad readathoner. I don’t have many snacks prepared. Mostly because I’ll be at the library for 8 hours today. But…I’m going to Starbucks as soon as I am done with this post! So….my pastry and Cinnamon Dulce Latte. Mmmmm =) BECAUSE I NEEDS THE COFFEE!!!
4) Tell us a little something about yourself! I work in a library and I am about to start library school. YAY BOOKS! And I can pretty much tell you where any book would be in the Dewey Decimal System 😉
5) If you participated in the last read-a-thon, what’s one thing you’ll do different today? If this is your first read-a-thon, what are you most looking forward to? I have a pile of shorter books so that I will feel more accomplished today. Because that is what it is all about, right?
HOURS TWO-THREE: Headed to Starbucks to get breakfast, coffee, and read before work starts at 10am.
I am going to be reading Ivy and Bean! Mostly so I can finish a book before I leave Starbucks!
FINISHED Book One! 120 pages! P.S. Ivy and Bean is such a cute story for young readers! Gonna start a bit of Inside Out & Back Again before heading off to work!
HOURS FOUR-ELEVEN: I’ll be at work, so there won’t be too many updates or challenges. But I will try and update on my lunch shift.
HOUR SEVEN: While I am shelving books and minding my own business, a shelf that holds lots of heavy books decided to come off the screws holding it up and all the books tumbled to the floor. And my arm. Thankfully coworkers rushed to the sound and rescued me haha.
HOUR TWELVE-THIRTEEN: I AM HOME! I have showered, and now I am eating some dinner while watching some Big Bang Theory with the hubby. I am going to make my rounds around blogs for now, then I will get back to reading. =D
1) How are you doing? Sleepy? Are your eyes tired? I am exhausted, physically. After an 8 hour shift at the library, I am SO ready to sit down a read tonight!
2) What have you finished reading? Just one book before I got to work. Ivy and Bean.
3) What is your favorite read so far? Ivy and Bean, as it’s my only one!
4) What about your favorite snacks? Well, I am eating some barbeque chicken that hubby made. It’s pretty yummy! Looking forward to my Starbucks Icecream later though!
5) Have you found any new blogs through the readathon? If so, give them some love! I am going to visit now!
HOUR FOURTEEN-FIFTEEN: I have finished reading Inside Out & Back Again. 262 pages. What a beautiful story told in verse! And I just love this cover! Glad I saved this one for the readathon today! Now I am about to go get me some Starbucks Java Chip IceCream (It’s my late night caffeine fix….in ICE CREAM FORM! WIN!) and delve into my next read…ZOM-B City by Darren Shan!
HOURS SIXTEEN-SEVENTEEN: Well, I read 60 pages of Zom-B City, but I was starting to get sleepy. So I switched to my audiobook (A Storm of Swords by George R.R. Martin…….and YES! FINALLY!) I listened to two chapters (about 50 minutes). Now I’m gonna switch back to reading. I’d like to try and finish this book before I fall asleep!
HOUR EIGHTEEN: I am participating in the Cover Me Challenge! My answers are based on books that slated to come out in 2013!
Best Title Best Dressed Cutest Couple
Delicious Cover Cutest Animal Cutest Kid
Best to Avoid in a Dark Alley Best Tattoo Best Cover
HOUR NINETEEN: Finished Book number 3! Zom-B City! (Which is the best in this series thus far! Really interesting!)
My Haiku: Zom-B walks around / the city of London, and / finds a creepy clown.
HOUR TWENTY: I made it this far. But I think this is my last update for the day. It’s been real, but I am super tired! LOVE.
END OF THE EVENT SURVEY!:
- Which hour was most daunting for you?: Hour 18. I didn’t think I was going to stay up late enough to finish my third book. But I moved rooms, and that helped me push through to hour 20!
- Could you list a few high-interest books that you think could keep a Reader engaged for next year? Honestly, it depends on the reader. Anything that is shorter and full of action or cuteness or something that appeals to you, something that makes you want to keep reading! (If you like Zombies, the Zom-B series is just that! Short and HIGH ACTION!)
- Do you have any suggestions for how to improve the Read-a-thon next year? Yeah, don’t put it on a weekend I have to work 😉
- What do you think worked really well in this year’s Read-a-thon? Twitter chats! The hosts did a GREAT job of responding to everyone. I think that makes us readers feel heard and loved!
- How many books did you read? 3 full books, plus about an hour of my audio.
- What were the names of the books you read? Ivy & Bean, Inside Out & Back Again, and Zom-B City. I also listened to some Storm of Swords.
- Which book did you enjoy most? You know, I really liked them all, for completely different reasons. I read three VERY different books this time around.
- Which did you enjoy least? None.
- If you were a Cheerleader, do you have any advice for next year’s Cheerleaders? N/A
- How likely are you to participate in the Read-a-thon again? What role would you be likely to take next time? Definitely yes! And if I’m not working, I might be a cheerleader too!
Books Finished: 3 (Ivy & Bean and Inside Out & Back Again and Zom-B City)
Pages Read: 120+262+ 166= 548
Audiobook: 65 minutes (Two chapters–one was super long! went from a-v!)
Book Started before Bed: This is What Happy Looks Like by Jennifer L Smith.
Follow me on Twitter for updates and instagram! And I’ll really see you on the second half of the readathon!