Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme create at The Broke and the Bookish.
Today’s Top Ten Tuesday is:
Top Ten Authors who Deserve More Recognition!
I am all about spreading the word about authors that I feel don’t get recognized enough. So here are a few that I would like to highlight today!
1. Chelsea Cain: I know that I mention her a lot in my TTT posts, but she is by far one of my newest favorite authors. Her Archie and Gretchen series is provocative and thrilling, everything you want in an addicting and twisted story!
2. Kristopher Jansma: As a 2013 debut novelist, Jansma has entered the literature world with a bang! His debut novel, The Unchangeable Spots of Leopards (review here), is a story that will make you question everything you think to be true. Following in the tradition of Philip Roth, Vladimir Nabokov, and other like-minded authors, Jansma definitely needs some more recognition for his literary genius!
3. Dan Wells: His debut YA novel was published around the same time as Divergent, Under the Never Sky, and Cinder, and because of that, I feel that he has been overlooked as a Science Fiction/Dystopian/Post-Apocalyptic YA author. But guys, Partials (review here) is AMAZING! And you all need to read it if you haven’t already, especially those who love a good sci-fi novel!
4. John Corey Whaley: He has only written one novel, and that one novel seems to have flown under the radar. But Where Things Come Back (review here) is a brilliant coming of age novel that won the Printz award for goodness sake. THIS NOVEL NEEDS TO BE READ MORE! and John Corey Whaley needs more recognition for his writing talent.
5. Christopher Healy: Such a great new voice in MG fiction! His breakout series A Hero’s Guide to Saving Your Kingdom (review here) is a fantastically fun fairytale retelling featuring the nameless Prince Charmings of the princess stories! Healy brings a creative voice to the field of Juvenile fiction, and he deserves some more recognition.
6. Sophie Kinsella: She is the queen of chick-lit! Her writing style is hilarious and ridiculous, but her books are so entertaining that you can’t help but just gobble them up!
I could really only think of 6 tonight. O am a slacker. Oh well.
Share with me!
Love and Pokemon,