Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme create at The Broke and the Bookish.
Today’s Top Ten Tuesday is:
Top Ten Most Memorable Secondary Characters!
What a great question this week! There are so many supporting characters in books that I just ADORE! And now I get the opportunity to share them with you!
1. Samwell, A Song of Fire and Ice series by George R.R. Martin: Guys, I FREAKIN’ LOVE SAMWELL! Behind Jon Snow and Danerys, he’s my favorite character in the series. Why? He is real. In a world full of fantasy, he is so genuine and so precious. He lives in an innocent world, and I just love that. He is just so endearing!
2. Magnus Bane, The Mortal Instruments/Infernal Devices by Cassandra Clare: Oh Em Gee Magnus Bane. What a catch! He is such a great character that crosses over two great series! And while I may be Team Will for ID, but I am always and forever Team Magnus Bane!
3. Roar, Under the Never Sky series by Veronica Rossi: Roar is such a great friend to Perry. And he is just a light-hearted spot in such a serious world. And he begins to integrate into the plot more as the series progresses, which I love and appreciate. He’s such a catch!
4. Xochi, Partials series by Dan Wells: This is one of my favorite YA series. And Xochi…Xochi is the sassy best friend who seems to be one step ahead of everyone else. She keeps the world moving forward! Though she is not trained to fight, she is a political leader for the uprising. I love when she gets some page time!
5. Susan Ward, Archie and Gretchen series by Chelsea Cain: So she may be more main character than supporting, but I feel like I need to mention her on my list. She is independent and unique. She is sassy and strong. And yet, she is flawed. But she is a character that continues to develop throughout the series, and I just love her storyline.
6. Christian Ozera, Vampire Academy series by Richelle Mead: I love Christian. He is the kid who sits in the back of the class and makes sarcastic remarks. But when you get to know him, he is a strong and loyal friend to the end. And he’s always willing to go on crazy adventures!
7. Death, The Book Thief by Markus Zusak: One of the most unique characters and narratives that I have ever read. Death is able to offer such a unique perspective on such a beautiful story.
8. Glen, The Walking Dead Comics by Robert Kirkman: Glen is my most favorite character of this series, both the comics and the t.v. show. He is fierce, and he is willing to do all of the dirty work. LOVE!!
9. Tyson and Grover, Percy Jackson and the Olympians series by Rick Riordan: These are two of the more endearing characters I have ever read! These are the two characters I am ALWAYS concerned for throughout the series. They are cute, precious, sweet, and brave.
10. Remus Lupin, Severus Snape, Sirius Black, Hagrid, Dumbledore, Neville Longbottom, Dobby, Fred and George Weasley, Ginny Weasley, Luna Lovegood, etc., Harry Potter Series by J.K. Rowling: What can I say, really? This cast of characters are so perfect, it’s ridiculous. Yup. Perfection.
Did any of my choices make your list? Leave a comment and let me know!
Love and New Planners,