Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme create at The Broke and the Bookish.
Today’s Top Ten Tuesday is:
Top Ten Things I am Thankful For!
(Bookish and Otherwise)
November is the month that many people (at least in the US) remind themselves what they are thankful for. As the Thanksgiving holiday approaches, and we get excited about the Macy’s Parade and rival football games and a whole lot of food, we also tend to reflect upon those things which we are thankful for. In the spirit of the season, I will do the same today!
1. I am thankful for My Library Job: I have been blessed to secure a part-time library assistant position at one of the busiest public libraries in the Southeast. I really enjoy working in the reference department and performing what patrons call “library magic” on a daily basis. I have gained so much knowledge and experience through this job which can only help me in my professional journey to becoming a Librarian. (And also, the perks of working in a library is access to ALL THE BOOKS and waiving of library fines 😉 )
2. I am thankful for The Opportunity to Get My MLIS: It finally worked out (slash we are making it work) for me to start pursuing my Masters of Library and Information Sciences as a full-time student. After taking a couple of years off and working like mad, I am now completing a Masters Degree that will help me further my career and allow me to apply for full-time positions in the future. Next semester I finally get to take a couple of Childrens/School Media classes, and I am SUPER PUMPED!
3. I am thankful for My Loving and Supporting Husband: I am married to a Rockstar (who just got promoted at work….YAY!). He works a full-time job, and then he comes home and picks up a lot of the slack that I leave due to stress and busy schedule. He is my rock who is willing to do ANYTHING and EVERYTHING to make my day easier. And I love him for that.
4. I am thankful for My Balcony: Because now I have a place I can go to enjoy the beautiful fall weather without having to drive anywhere! I have spent many afternoons this month reading on my balcony. It’s my favorite place in my apartment (as long as there are no bees flying around!).
5. I am thankful for My DVR: Guys, I really do not know what I would do without my DVR. I know that having one only enables my TV addiction, but I love watching TV shows almost as much as I love reading books! And my DVR allows me to record ALL THE SHOWS! (And I do….about 25 of them)!
6. I am thankful for My Family: I love my family! We just have so much fun together and support each other always. We are just pretty awesome, and I am glad we will all be in the same house for a day this week!
7. I am thankful for Social Media: The invention of things like Facebook allows me to keep in touch with my BFFs in a constant FB message, which I just love and am so thankful for, now that we are at all corners of the US! And Twitter allows me to stay connected with ALL THE NEWS from ALL THE PEOPLE. And through Twitter I have met and conversed with many bloggers and authors, and that is just so COOL!
8. I am thankful for Cheese: Because honestly, who isn’t? I eat cheese ALL THE TIME! My two favorite foods are Mac ‘N CHEESE and grilled CHEESE! Let’s face it….I LOVE CHEESE! So thanks, Cheese! Without you, I wouldn’t eat much!
9. I am thankful for Coffee: It helps me to keep reading!
10. I am thankful for EVERYONE who Supports Me: My husband, my family, my friends, my colleagues, my readers…all of you who support me in one way or another, I am so thankful for each and every one of you! I would not be able to function without such great people in my life.
So, that’s what I am thankful for this season? What about you? Leave a comment and let me know!
Love and BEAT CLEMSON,