Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme create at The Broke and the Bookish.
Today’s Top Ten Tuesday is:
Top Ten Reasons I LOVE Reading and Blogging!
1. I always have something to do!: When the power goes out or the internet crashes or there is absolutely nothing on TV, I can ALWAYS READ! I bring a book with me EVERYWHERE! In fact, every purse I carry has to be able to fit a book in it. 😉
2. I can travel to so many new lands!: Part of the reason I love reading so much is reading about other worlds and places, whether it be a realistic novel taking place in Paris or Texas, or a fantasy novel in an imaginary world!
3. I believe in the power of the written word: Honestly, I believe that reading (and words) have power. You can find help in whatever form you need through reading the written word. The written word has the power to heal. It has the power to teach. It has the power to share. It has the power to inspire.
4. I can form connections with people, both real and imaginary!: I connect with the characters I read, and that allows me to understand people better by reading their thoughts and feelings. And I connect with friends and complete strangers over an obsession with a favorite book! I love the social aspects of reading, how you can share you favorites with someone else and talk about how much you LOVED a book or how much you REALLY DIDN’T LIKE something that happened! Reading just brings people together in a way that other activities cannot.
5. I use reading to escape: As an introvert, reading has become my way to re-energize myself. I read to escape the stress of real life and use it to re-center myself.
6. I love reading because it will keep me employed!: As a student pursuing her Masters in Library and Information Studies, reading keeps me employed! So I love that other people read, too, and I want to keep them reading FOREVER! Because reading is awesome!
7. It’s a way to write out my thoughts: Through blogging, I have been able to work through my thoughts and feelings about a book by simply writing about it. By writing things out, I can access thoughts and feelings that I didn’t even realize I had! It is a great way for me to spend some time reflecting on what I have just read.
8. I can share my thoughts with the world: I know I am reaching a very small number of readers, but if I can share my love of a book with another person, then that’s all that matters. I started this blog to share my love of reading with others, and I can do that through blogging!
9. I have learned a lot of technological things!: Starting up a blog kind of forces you to learn about new technologies and programs, and even some computer language! And all of these things will help me in my future career, so yay!
10. The blogging community is awesome!: It is so fun to talk to so many readers and bloggers online! Twitter is a happening place! Love you all!
Those are my reasons! What are yours? Leave a comment and a link! I’d love to hear from you!
Love and the Minions,