Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme create at The Broke and the Bookish.
Today’s Top Ten Tuesday is:
Top Ten Things On My Reading Wishlist!
This is a topic that I missed at the beginning of the year that I really missed doing! So now I am glad that I have the opportunity to do this list now!
This is a list of story ideas I want to force an author to write! heehee
1. Boarding school: I LOVE books set in schools. And I just want more! I love the dynamic of boarding school books!
2. Psychological thrillers: I love the dark and twisted, Gillian-Flynn type stories. I SO want to see them in the YA world!
3. Alternate families: I want more alternate families! LGBT families, blended families, adopted families, foster families. I want YA to explore the dynamics in these families, please!
4. 90’s Historical Fiction: I am a 90’s child, and I want to read a historical book about the 90’s! Like Eleanor & Park does the 80’s. Just a brush, but enough to identify that 90’s culture. LOVE.
5. More friendship books: I love books that focus on development of friendships.
6. New Adult books that are about newlyweds: Or serious relationships. Not them starting, but having a relationship already established and see it grow and struggle and develop.
7. More books about librarians: because librarians are awesome! 😉
8. More high fantasy novels that are not like middle ages: More like Jodi Meadows, with high tech and interesting fantastic elements.
9. I want paranormal like Fringe: I LOVE the fringe science idea, and I think that would make SUCH an interesting concept in a book!
10. A Book set in Egypt!: maybe historical, or historical fantasy, or contemporary fantasy, or Egyptian mythological elements….I JUST WANT EGYPT!!!
So, that’s my list of bookish wants! Do you have any recommendations for me that you have read? Leave a comment and let me know! Because I want more of these! =)
Love and Library Booksales,