Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme create at The Broke and the Bookish.
Today’s Top Ten Tuesday is:
Top Ten Popular Authors I have NEVER Read!
Hahaha what a great topic! What a great way to analyze the holes in my reading habits! Here we go!
1. Laura Ingles Wilder: I have read not one of her books. And this is a crime that I will rectify, if not before, than definitely after I have kids of my own. I will be reading these aloud to my future kids.
2. Jerry Spinelli: Another children’s author that I have not read a single one of his books! As a future children’s library, I will be fixing this soon! 😉
3. Sara Dessen: I know, I know. I don’t know why I haven’t read her yet. But I did get one of her books at a library sale last weekend. So SOON!
4. Agatha Christie: This classic mystery writer…I need to read her. I want to, I don’t know why I haven’t. I feel like she is a legacy that I need to be a part of.
5. Janet Evanovich: She is such a popular author who has written MANY books in many different series. And I haven’t read one.
6. Anne Rice: No, I have not read any of her vampires. I feel like I should, but then again…I don’t know.
7. Nora Roberts: And all romance, really. But as she is one of those authors that I feel like every girl/woman has picked up before, and I haven’t. Am I missing out?
8. Phillipa Gregory: And all historical fiction. This is a genre I have never really been interested in, but now I am. Any recs on where to start?
The Author I have attempted and haven’t finished:
9. Jane Austen: I know, I know! I have tried reading Pride and Prejudice and Sense and Sensibility, but I just couldn’t finish them! I am going to try reading Northanger Abbey this summer, as it is a little more synical lol. So we shall see…
The One Author I have Purposely AVOIDED!
10. James Patterson: I avoid him on principle. Maybe he started out as a great writer. Now he just has other people write books under his name with his approval. Maybe some of his stuff is good, but on principle, I don’t read it.
That is all.
Who haven’t you read? Let me know!
Love and Dance Academy,