Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme create at The Broke and the Bookish.
Today’s Top Ten Tuesday is:
Top Ten Blogging Confessions!
Everybody has secrets. These are mine! 😉
10. Sometimes, I am jealous of all of the packages bloggers get from publishers: I see the big stacks of ARCs, the instagram posts of stacks of new books, and I want that. But then again, I don’t like being told what to read, and getting those books from publishers is a lot of pressure to read them in a timely manner. So then again, maybe I don’t want that pressure.
9. I want to spend more time blogging than I actually do: I have all of these plans, all of these ideas. But then I get distracted, or busy, or tired, and my blog goes by the wayside.
8. I don’t use Netgalley anymore: I LOVE the idea of Netgalley, but I don’t have a Kindle, and it is SO difficult to get the digital copy to my tablet, and I HATE reading on my computer. So I just wait until the book is published and get it at the library.
7. I am doing GREAT if I have two posts scheduled: I am ALWAYS behind on my posts and book reviews. I want to just be able to write a review as soon as I finish a book so that I don’t forget my thoughts. But that just doesn’t happen very often.
6. I really LOVE Twitter: Seriously, I think Twitter has changed the way I read books. I can talk to people about books as I am reading them, I can chat and send shout-outs to the author telling them I LOVE their book, and I can see what other people love. TWITTER FOREVER! 😉
5. I ALWAYS re-read books in a series: This is why I don’t post as many reviews, because books in a series ALWAYS come out around the same time, and I just HAVE to reread all of the books before the newest one! ALWAYS.
4. Blogging led me to audiobooks, and I am SO INCREDIBLY THANKFUL!: Because, seriously, AUDIOBOOKS ARE THE BOMB! They are a great way to fill my driving and cleaning time and are a great way to supplement my reading!
3. Sometimes, I feel like I am writing to no one: I blog for myself, not for the followers. But at the same time, I see these blogs that started at the same time I did and they have so many followers and get so many comments. I just wonder what I am doing wrong….
2. I have NO IDEA what I would do without Goodreads: Seriously, Goodreads was one of the best discoveries for me. If only I had found it sooner–like in undergrad. But it is my saving grace, where I can keep a running list of books that I have read and books that I want to read. THANK YOU, GOODREADS! I have discovered SO MANY fantastic books because of this website. LOVE.
1. Sometimes, I read a book, and I just have nothing to say. And that makes me feel like a failure: After all, I have a book blog! Shouldn’t I be able to talk about the books I read? But sometimes, I just have nothing to say. For both FANTASTIC books as well as LESS THAN STELLAR books. And that just makes me sad, because I want to always be able to talk about books. But sometimes, I just have nothing to say.
Does anyone else do these things or feel this way? Leave a comment, let me know I am not alone! 😉
Love and Spider Man,