Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme create at The Broke and the Bookish.
Today’s Top Ten Tuesday is:
Ten Resolutions for 2015 (Bookish, Bloggish, and Lifeish!)
Has 2014 flown by SUPER QUICKLY for anyone else, or is it just me? Because seriously, it’s already over. That is just CRAZY!
So here I am, thinking about 2015. It will be a great year, I already know. But I want to make it better by making myself better. This time last year I was a little jumbled and unbalanced. This past year I have really focused on getting that balance back. I have let go of a lot of resentment and worry over things I cannot control. I have focused on the good and the positive, even amidst the not so great.
I kind of already talked about them in my blogging reflection yesterday, but I’ll list them again here:
1. Move from wordpress hosted to self-hosting. I have been wanting to do this for a while, and I think I am finally at a point where I can justify spending a little money each month to really make my blog mine (though I may not worry about it until after I graduate, because I know I won’t have a lot of time. Plus, I am really diggin’ my new design!)
2. Incorporate different types of posts, other than just book reviews and memes. I want to include more discussion posts, some fun feature posts, and maybe even some movie reviews. Would you guys be okay with that?
3. Be a little more on top of post scheduling. I don’t know how realistic this will be with my last semester of grad school/internship + work, but I don’t want to end up sitting down to write a review a month after I finished the book. It makes things more difficult.
4. Using my tablet as an e-reader. Guys, I just read my first galley on an actual digital device this week, and I kind of liked it! I want to utilize my tablet more this year, and hopefully get through some good galleys BEFORE they expire!
5. Finish my 2012 trilogies. A lot of series I started my first year of blogging ended in 2014. And how many of them did I actually finish? Two. Yup, a very small number. I want to finish these series in 2015. (I will write a separate post on this a little later).
6. Intentionally read more diverse books by diverse authors. This has been a hot topic for most of this year, but it is such a relevant and important discussion that needs to continue into 2015. And I want to help keep the conversation going by intentionally seeking out more diverse titles and authors. This year I did alright, but I want to do better next year. (I will be posting my reading statistics tomorrow, so come back and take a look at what I mean).
7. Be a #FitReader. Two of our fellow bloggers are hosting the FitReaders 2015 challenge where readers commit to being active. Last year this was #Blogwalkers, which I think is a fabulous idea. I know I need to be more active and exercise more, so hopefully joining this challenge will help push me and motivate me.
8. Book Journal. I got the idea from Ashley and have been waiting until the new year to start it. Except I actually started it this week because I read Before I Go and had way too many thoughts to not start it! But I kind of suck at journaling, so I really hope that journaling about my thoughts and feelings based on books I read with help me continue to do it. (And who knows, I may just share some of these thoughts with you!)
Life in General
9. Be silly. Life is serious enough. I want to be silly this year. Silly with my husband. Silly with my friends. Silly with my coworkers. Silly with family. I always need a little more silliness in my life. 🙂
10. Be intentional. I want everything I do to have intention. I intend to go to class. I intend to watch TV. I intend to spend time with people. I intend to sit on the couch and read my book. I intend to actually get some sleep. I don’t mean that I want every single thing I do to be life-changing. I just want to have an attitude of intention. It is perfectly okay to binge watch TV or go on a walk or clean the kitchen. I just want to do things with an intended purpose, even if that purpose is to sit and do nothing.
So those are my resolutions for 2015. I actually think I can keep all of these. But it will take some intentional actions from me. 😉
What are your goals? How are you going to push yourself to accomplish them? Leave a comment and let’s chat!
Love and Poinsettias,